THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Chapter 7

Oh my GOSH! Finally! Chapter 7 is in! It's kind of short though, so I just posted all at once... anyways, it's kind of juicy. Hope you enjoy!!!

_-*Krysten*-_

P.S. While you're here, why don't you check out my extras over there. --->

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Life In The Fast Lane: Part Two

Thinking quickly, I picked up a glass shard from one of the abandoned buildings as he picked her up and slammed her hard against the wall. I lunged at him, taking him by surprise, and slicing a nice, deep cut on his arm. He looked a little stunned that I was there. I jumped back from the bulging man, prepared to attack again if necessary.

"Leave now," I said through clenched teeth, "or lose it." I pointed the shard at his private area. He slowly backed away. "Alright, alright lady. Just let me get my clothes." he picked up his pants and took off to the main street, naked. I walked over to the girl, and looked at her. She wasn't that bad looking. She was a little taller that I, with blue eyes, and black hair. I took off her gag for her.

"You can have what I have in my pockets, just don't cut me." I looked down, and realized that I was still holding my makeshift knife, defensivley. I dropped it and went and grabbed her clothes.

"Here, put these back on. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, I don't want your money, and I don't mean any harm to you." I handed her clothes back to her.

She took them and put them on silently. "Did he hurt you?" I asked her.
She shook her head. "Did he um..." I trailed off hoping that she would get what I was asking.
"No," she squeaked. She cleared her throat, "No, he didn't. Thank you."

"No problem," I said, and stuck out my hand. "My name is Luna, do you need a place to stay?"

"Yes, I do. My name is Katlyn." She shook my hand.

I took her back to momma's slum, and that's where she told me why she was out there in the first place.

* * *
"Nani's been telling me lately that she's done waiting, that I'm done stalling. 'It's your time, whether you want it to be or not.' She told me this morning." Katlyn looked down at the metal table that we kept in the kitchen in case we had company. Although I really didn't worry about it with only 85 people in the entire city.

"I didn't think she would really do such a thing. I thought she cared about what I felt. I guess not though." Her eyes teared up, and she went into the cooks room to get a drink from our water bowl. "She told me to go to Justin's, and get some honeyfruit to eat with dinner. On my way there, that...that.......that man..." she started sobbing, and put her head on the counter. Slowly, she slid down the counter and onto the floor in despair. I stood up and held her for a few minutes. No one should have to go through this.

"It's O.K., it's O.K., you won't ever have to see her again." I rocked Katlyn back and forth until her tears subsided. "You don't ever have to give yourself to another man unless you want to."

2 comments:

Joie Mayfield said...

Another fantastic segment. Keep em coming!!

Joie
http://somuchtodealwith.blogspot.com

S. said...

Nice follow-up Kristen.
I like the name Luna !!

See ya

www.shipwrecklagoon.blogspot.com

I write stories too. Drop by my blog anytime.
Hey I added you to my blogroll!!

keep up da gr8 work !!